About Department of Zoology
Department of Zoology was established in the year 1973. Department of Zoology organizes co-curricular activities every academic year to make learning beyond the classroom and fun oriented activities include seminars, workshops & guest lectures.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
Nature is ever inviting investigation; her forces are in constant operation about us, but she hides the truth. We would like the students be as seekers after truth, as ones striving to get a glimpse into the mysteries of life.
To encourage scientific thinking among students because Science, with its numerous applications, plays a role in nearly every phase of our life.
To make student learn (the science) about animals by observation and reasoning through classroom teaching, laboratory practical, field trips and any other ways.
To make students aware of their responsibilities towards Society and Nature.
To provide a strong foundation for a better understanding of current advances in Zoology and its practical significance.
To inculcate critical thinking and analytical skills to enable students to pursue higher studies and research in Life Sciences or related fields of Zoology.
- BZC (BOTANY ZOOLOGY CHEMISTRY)
- BTZC (BIOTECHNOLOGY ZOOLOGY CHEMISTRY)
- BTBZ (BIOTECHNOLOGY BOTANY ZOOLOGY)
- ANZC (APPLIED NUTRITION ZOOLOGY CHEMISTRY)
- ANBZ (APPLIED NUTRITION BOTANY ZOOLOGY)
- MBBTZ (MICROBIOLOGY BIOTECHNOLOGY ZOOLOGY)
- MBZC (MICROBIOLOGY ZOOLOGY CHEMISTRY)
- MBZCS (MICROBIOLOGY ZOOLOGY COMPUTER SCIENCE)
- ANPSYZ (APPLIED NUTRITION PSYCHOLOGY ZOOLOGY)
- CZCS (CHEMISTRY ZOOLOGY COMPUTER SCIENCES)
- MBZAN (MICROBIOLOGY ZOOLOGY APPLIED NUTRITION)
- MBZPSY (MICROBIOLOGY ZOOLOGY PSYCHOLOGY)
- BZCS (BOTANY ZOOLOGY COMPUTER SCIENCES)
- BZPSY (BOTANY ZOOLOGY PSYCHOLOGY)
- MBZ (NICROBIOLOGY BOTANY ZOOLOGY)
STUDENT STRENGTH (2021-2022):
FIRST YEAR: 197
SECOND YEAR: 187
THIRD YEAR: 164
Student Study Projects 2019-20
Students have submitted study projects under the supervision of Dr. Shyam Sunder (Lecturer in Zoology). The names of the projects are
- Sewage water treatment process by III BZC student and
- Monsoon Influence on Malaria Distribution and Preventive Measures by I, II BZC The project on Malaria got first prize in the state level jignasa competition.
JIGNASA 2019-20 ZOOLOGY – 1st PRIZE PROJECT
MONSOON INFLUENCE ON MALARIA DISTRIBUTION AND PREVENTIO MEASURES
- Ajay – IIBZC – 1140-18-445-052 A. Shruthi – IIBZC – 1140-18-445-006
- Sravanisree – IIMZC – 1140-18-457-002
- Chandana Lahari – IIMZC – 1140-18-457-018 V. Sunil –IIBZC – 1140-18-445-059
- Srija – IANZC – 1140-19-464-006
Supervisor: Dr. R.Shyamsundar lecturer in Zoology, Govt.Degree College, Khairatabad
At Govt. Degree College, Khairatabad, We are happy providing excellent education and molding the future generation ..
For more information and admission details ..