Tourism and Travel Dept.
Department of Tourism and Travel:
Along with the classroom teaching and field visits, the department imparts tourism education among students through practical’s. To promote the concept of Tourism, general students of the college are also allowed in the lab along with tourism students.
Profile of the Department
||Name of the Department||TOURISM & TRAVEL MANAGEMENT|
||Year of Establishment
B.Com Tourism & Travel Management
||Number of Teachers Sanctioned and present position||8 – 4 (Regular)
2 (Contract )
||Demand Ratio(No.of seats: No. of applicants)||1 : 2|
||Ratio of Teachers to Students||1: 27|
||The year when the curriculum was revised last||2011- 2012|
||Success Rate of students
(What is the pass % as compared to the university average)
||University Distinction/Ranks||59 % of students completed with Distention|
||Publications by faculty (last 5 years) since 2005||Nil|
||Awards and recognition received by faculty (last five years)||Nil|
||No. of Faculty who have Attended National and International Seminars(last five years)||8|
||Number of books in the Department Library,||321|
||Number of Journals/Periodicals||4|
||Number of Computers||4|
|Dr. J. Ratna Prabhaker||M.Com, M.B.A. Ph.D||1 year||a. Worked as Academic coordinator for P.G course 2006-09.
b. Co-author for Business Laws and Financial Accounting (Telugu version)
c. One Paper published in Inter-national journal and Two National Journals.
d. Participated in 6 National Conferences
e. Board Director, Christian couple’s fellowship international, Omaha, Nebraska, USA.
f. Secretary, Vani foundation for Breast cancer.
|Ch. Ravindra Babu||M.Com, M.B.A||5 years|
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”17″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_thumbnails” override_thumbnail_settings=”0″ thumbnail_width=”240″ thumbnail_height=”160″ thumbnail_crop=”1″ images_per_page=”20″ number_of_columns=”0″ ajax_pagination=”0″ show_all_in_lightbox=”0″ use_imagebrowser_effect=”0″ show_slideshow_link=”1″ slideshow_link_text=”[Show slideshow]” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]
Some of the Achievements from the Department:
- Our students participated in various Inter-collegiate and District level competitions and won several prizes.
- The Department is conducting various literary, cultural and sports competitions in connection with World Tourism Day in September since 2003 onwards.
- In 2008 our students participated in State and District Level Consumer awareness competitions and won 7 out of 18 District level cash prizes worth Rs. 14,000/- in connection with National Consumer Day conducted by Department of Civil Supplies and consumers affairs , Government of Andhra Pradesh
- In 2009 our students participated in State and District Level Consumer awareness competitions and won 11 out of 18 District level cash prizes worth Rs. 21,000/- in connection with National Consumer Day conducted by Department of Civil Supplies and consumer affairs, Government of Andhra Pradesh
- In 2010 our students participated in State and District Level Consumer awareness competitions and won 11 out of 18 District level cash prizes worth Rs. 22,500/- in connection with National Consumer Day conducted by Department of Civil Supplies and consumer Affairs. Winners received the Prizes from Honorable Minister for Consumer Affairs Sri D.Sridher Babu.
- In 2011 our students participated in State and District Level Consumer awareness competitions conducted by Department of Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs and won 13 out of 18 District level cash prizes worth Rs. 28,500/- and 2 State Level Cash Prizes worth Rs. 8,000/- in connection with National Consumer Day. Winners received the Prizes from Honorable Minister for Consumer Affairs Sri D. Sridher Babu.
- Our students participated District Level Commerce Quiz competitions held at Begum pet Women’s Degree College
Objective: Along with the classroom teaching and field visits, the department imparts tourism education among students through practical’s. To promote the concept of Tourism, general students of the college are also allowed in the lab along with tourism students.
- The department established “Tourism lab” in the year 2002
- Lab has number of catalogs and broachers related to tourism of different states and countries.
- Literature on Various tourists’ destinations.
- CD’s on various domestic and international tourism destinations
- Hand outs, brochures of various tour packages of different travel and tour operators.
- The lab has audio-visual aids and computer devices which helps the students in understanding the subject.
- Many National and International magazines are made available to update the latest knowledge.
- The lab has been developed with well furnished equipment to conduct mock interviews, group discussions and seminars.
- The lab is maintaining T.V with DVD player which is used for playing documentaries and topics related to subject.
- Tourism lab has one LCD, Five Computers, a printer, a scanner with internet facility for the use of students.
- The lab has many Hospitality magazines which explore the hotels located in different regions of the world.
- Books on Eco-Tourism are maintained to impart the knowledge on environmental education and protection of wild life.
- The broachers on man made architectural destinations explain the engineering efficiency in tourism infrastructure facilities.
- The pilgrimage tourism broachers and CD’s gives wide awareness about the religious tourism.
- The broachers of adventure tourism will give the information about adventure Tourism and enthuse the youngsters.
- Hand-outs related to travel and tourist information Products.
- Catalogs and route maps of various tourism destinations their locations and transportation facilities.
- The cultural tourism broachers explore the places of famous forts, heritage building and palaces of different regions in the world.
- The books and CD’s of folklore are maintaining in tourism lab.
- The tourism lab is maintaining foreign exchange of 35 countries to know its value in Indian currency.
- The department is having 200 colourful posters which depicts and promotes Indian tourisms logo Incredible India
CELEBRATION OF WORLD TOURISM DAY
(WEEK LONG PROGRAMME)
- The Department of Travel and Tourism Management is celebrating world tourism day every year on 27th September as part of academic activity.
- Student centered activities will be the part of celebrations to promote the Tourism concept and education
- As part of the celebrations we conduct Inter-Collegiate literary, cultural competitions. Around 400 students participate in various competitions. Academicians and Officials from various tourism departments are invited to take part in the celebrations.
- Tourism students of the college are taken to the various Tourism Destinations of the state during the celebrations.
- Training in photography and video graphy to the students is part of the celebrations.
- Cultural programs i.e Skit, Drama, Mon-action and folk dances etc. are conducted in the week long Programme.
Celebration of World Heritage Day
“The Best Tourism Educational Institution – 2009”
Awarded by the Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Our college is housed in a Heritage building which was constructed 90 years ago by 6th Nizam , the then rulers of Erstwhile Nizam’s State.
- The college building has been declared as Heritage monument by The Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Protecting Heritage Buildings and Monuments is the duty of every citizen. To impart this concept among student community, the College celebrates World Heritage Day on 18th April every year by conducting Quiz on Heritage Building and Monuments.
- The Department Received the Best Tourism Educational Institution Award Twice in 2005 and in 2009 from Government of Andhra Pradesh for imparting qualitative education at College level
- The Department of Tourism, Government of Andhra Pradesh celebrates World Tourism Day on 27th September every year as part of promoting Tourism sector at state level
- The Tourism Department of Andhra Pradesh selects Institutions for awards on merit basis in various respects in connection with World Tourism Day Celebrations.
At Govt. Degree College, Khairatabad, We are happy providing excellent education and molding the future generation ..
For more information and admission details ..